From the folks at Open Source Living comes a link to a Wikipedia page about… Wikipedia pages. Specifically the Lamest Edit Wars on Wikipedia pages. The list contains some thought-provoking debates, and some truly trivial arguments.
Some highlights of debates that became a big deal in Wikipedia lore:
- Compact Disc or Compact disc?
- J.K. Rowling. Rhymes with “rolling” or “howling”. Apparently it doesn’t matter how she pronounces it.
- Color/Flavor vs. Colour/Flavour… etc.
- Star Wars: Is the Death Star 120km or 160km in diameter? Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker – one character or two? Which came first, Episode IV or Episode I?
- Daylight Saving Time or Daylight Savings Time?
- Was Fred G. Sanford an “irascible curmudgeon” or merely “irritable”?