So, what would you do if live chickens were released in your library? Is this covered in your organization’s disaster plan?
If you need to examine another library’s response, review this Shelf Check comic for the following procedure:
- Alert the employee at the desk.
- Desk employee: ask follow up questions to determine the nature of the emergency.
- Examine the available evidence to properly classify the problem.
- Keep your sense of humor about you at all times.
- Explore external sources of assistance.
- Go with the flow, because we all have “other duties as assigned”.
(and be sure to read the information provided beneath the comic…)